Mary’s Meals ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Personal information specifically identifies an individual and may include: name; email address; financial account information and other payment information submitted to us for donations and payment processing; mailing address; phone number; and device ID (including IP address). You may give us personal information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
We collect non-personal information that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, store, transfer, publish, promote, report and otherwise disclose non-personal information for any purpose, provided such information does not otherwise personally identify you. The following are examples of non-personal information that we collect:
- information about your computer, hardware, software, platform, mobile device, Internet Protocol (IP) address
- language preference
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from [any contracts entered into between you and us or] donations made by you to Mary’s Meals and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us
- to provide you, with information about services or programmes we feel may interest you. If you are an existing donor or volunteer, we will only contact you by e-mail, written letter or SMS, with information about services and programmes similar to those which were the subject of our previous contact. If you are new to Mary’s Meals, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please refrain from ticking the relevant box situated on the form or e-mail on which we collect your data (the registration form) or contact us
- to notify you about changes to our services
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to ask you to participate in surveys
Non personal information
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about campaigns or programmes that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
Any transfer of your personal information to any Mary’s Meals Affiliate will always be carried out in compliance with any applicable data protection legislation. Please note that if you are a non-European Economic Area (“EEA”) user of the Mary’s Meals website, your personal information may be transferred to the UK, before being transferred to a Mary’s Meals Affiliate in your jurisdiction. By using the Mary’s Meals website, you are agreeing to any such transfer of your personal information.
Mary’s Meals may disclose relevant information about you to our contractors in order for them to provide specific services for Mary’s Meals such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services. Mary’s Meals’ contractors are bound to keep all personal information they process confidential.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in order to perform services you request or functions you initiate, such as when you post information and materials on message boards and forums, including on our Facebook page. When you post information in a public forum it becomes public information. In addition, we may disclose your personal information in order to identify you to anyone to whom you send communications through our site and social media pages.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if Mary’s Meals or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its donors and volunteers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
If you are resident in a country outside the EEA, the data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored at and processed in, that same country outside the EE; and may also be processed by staff operating from that same country outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your donation payment details and the provision of support services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any donation transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for contacting you directly. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 (Act) gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.